The ovarian cysts are sacs or fluid-filled sacs that develop in or on the surface of one or both ovaries of a woman. Most women will develop at least one cyst at some point in their life.
Most ovarian cysts are considered functional, which means that they usually occur during the menstrual cycle and are not part of a disease process.
They are usually benign and for no apparent reason. Pathological cysts, on the other hand, can be either benign or cancerous.
Often times, people are unaware of ovarian cysts because they usually don't cause problems. However, in some cases, they can cause symptoms like abdominal bloating, pain during bowel movements, menstrual irregularities, pelvic pain before or during the menstrual cycle, pain during sex, pain in the lower back or thighs, pressure in the rectum or bladder, nausea, and vomiting. Certain types of ovarian cysts can also cause reduced fertility.
In many cases, ovarian cysts go away on their own within a few months. However, if they are causing discomfort, there is a natural herbal treatment to cure it. Click on the image below to discover this natural treatment.
Here are the best home remedies for ovarian cysts:
Heat is known to be very effective in reducing muscle cramps or pain in the abdomen due to ovarian cysts.
- Put a heating pad or hot water bottle on the abdomen and lower pelvic area.
To do, for at least 15 minutes.
Follow this remedy whenever you feel pain in the abdomen for quick relief.
Castor oil poultices
Castor oil poultices are an age-old remedy for ovarian cysts. Castor oil stimulates the lymphatic and circulatory system, which helps shrink and dissolve ovarian cysts.
- Fold a large flannel fabric to make two or three layers thick.
- Make sure the folded fabric is wide enough to cover your entire abdomen.
- Pour about two tablespoons of castor oil on the canvas.
- Fold the fabric in half to saturate then unfold.
- Lie down and put the flannel fabric on your abdomen.
- Cover the fabric of castor oil with plastic (cling film) and then with an old towel.
- Place a hot water bottle on the towel, then cover yourself in a warm blanket.
- Leave the castor oil poultice for at least 30 minutes, then remove it.
Repeat the process about three times a week for three months.
To remove the oil from the skin after using the castor oil poultice, you can wash the treated area with a solution of three tablespoons of baking soda mixed with water.
Note: do not use castor oil packs during menstruation. If you are trying to conceive then do not use this remedy after ovulation.
Epsom salt bath
An Epsom salt bath can also go a long way in reducing pain and other symptoms associated with ovarian cysts. The high magnesium sulfate content in Epsom salt works as a muscle relaxant which in turn relieves pain.
- Add a cup of Epsom salt to your tub filled with hot water.
- Add 5 to 10 drops of essential oils such as lavender, rose or jasmine.
- Stir for a few minutes so that the salt dissolves.
- Soak the lower body in this water for 20 to 30 minutes.
Take this treatment once a day.
An herbal tea like chamomile tea is also considered to be a good remedy for treating ovarian cysts, associated pain, and discomfort. The mild sedative effect of chamomile tea will reduce pain and help you relax. In addition, the warm nature of this tea may also help regulate irregular periods by stimulating blood flow to the pelvic area and uterus.
- Mix two teaspoons of dried chamomile in a cup of hot water.
- Cover and let steep for five minutes.
- Mix and add a teaspoon of honey and drink the tea.
You can drink two to three cups of chamomile tea a day until you get rid of the problem.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can help shrink and dissolve ovarian cysts caused by potassium deficiency. It is high in potassium and recommended by many health experts.
- Add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a glass of lukewarm water.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey.
- Drink one or two glasses of this solution daily.
Follow this remedy until the cysts disappear completely.
This remedy will also help with symptoms of excessive menstrual bleeding as well as bloating and cramping during periods.
Beets contain a compound called betacyanin which stimulates the liver's ability to flush toxins from your system. Plus, the alkaline nature of beets helps balance the acidity in your body. This, in turn, reduces the severity of the many symptoms of ovarian cysts.
- Mix half a cup of freshly extracted beet juice with a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and honey.
- Drink this juice once a day before eating your breakfast.
- Follow this method daily until your symptoms have subsided.
Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory herb that reduces inflammation and relieves pain. Also, ginger increases heat in the body and induces menstruation.
- Mix a 5 to 10 cm piece of ginger, two stalks of celery, half a glass of apple juice, and three-quarters of a pineapple in a juicer.
- Drink this juice once a day until the cysts are gone.
Also, you can drink two to three cups of ginger tea per day.
Flaxseed helps to balance the proportion of estrogen to progesterone in your body. This will help shrink cysts. Additionally, flax seeds are high in fiber which helps the body flush out harmful toxins, cholesterol, and other products processed by the liver.
- Mix a tablespoon of ground flax seeds in a glass of lukewarm water. Drink every day on an empty stomach until you notice your condition improves.
You can also add ground flax seeds to yogurts, smoothies, soups, and salads.
Add a comment