Varicose veins are a common problem in which abnormally enlarged veins appear near the surface of the skin. They usually occur in the calves and thighs when the veins are growing.
Varicose veins can cause pain, fatigue, restlessness, throbbing burning feelings, tingling, or heaviness in the legs. The appearance of swelling of the veins is also a matter of concern for many people.
Common factors that contribute to varicose veins are heredity, occupations that require a lot of treadmill, obesity, use of birth control pills, constipation, and hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy, puberty, and menopause.
Medical and surgical treatments for varicose veins can be very expensive. You can try remedies to cure varicose veins permanently. It is with this in mind that the Dawasanté experts have made a natural herbal treatment available to you to permanently cure varicose veins. Click on the image below to discover this natural treatment.
Here are the best grandma's remedies for varicose veins
To contact our experts please call or write to us on the following number, tel / WhatsApp
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful treatment for varicose veins. It is a natural body cleanser and it also improves blood circulation. When the blood begins to flow naturally, the heaviness and swelling of the varicose veins will decrease to a great extent.
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the skin on varicose veins and massage gently.
- Do it every day before going to bed and in the morning.
Follow this remedy for a few months to reduce the size of varicose veins.
- Add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and mix well.
- Drink the mixture twice a day for at least a month to see positive results.
Cayenne pepper is considered a miracle treatment for varicose veins. It is a very rich source of vitamin C and bioflavonoids, it increases blood circulation and relieves the pain of congestion, and swollen veins.
- Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to a cup of hot water and mix well.
Drink this mixture three times a day for one or two months.
Increasing blood circulation is essential for the treatment of varicose veins. Massaging with olive oil can help increase circulation, which reduces pain and inflammation.
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and vitamin E oil and heat slightly.
- Massage the veins with the hot oil for several minutes.
To be done twice a day for one to two months.
You can also mix four drops of cypress essential oil in two teaspoons of warm olive oil and massage with this mixture.
Garlic is an excellent herb for reducing inflammation and the symptoms of varicose veins. It also helps to break down harmful toxins in the blood vessels and improve circulation.
- Slice six cloves of garlic and put them in a clean glass jar.
- Extract the juice from three oranges and add it to the pot. Also add two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Let the mixture sit for about 12 hours.
- Shake the jar and then put a few drops of the solution on your fingers. Massage the inflamed veins with the solution in a circular motion for 15 minutes.
- Wrap the area with a cotton cloth and leave it on overnight.
- Repeat daily for several months.
Also, include fresh garlic in your diet.
Butcher's broom is very useful in relieving the pain and discomfort of varicose veins. This herb contains compounds known as ruscogenins which help reduce inflammation while constricting veins due to its anti-inflammatory and anti-elastase activity.
Take 100 mg of butcher's broom three times a day. Created from the roots and seeds of the plant, butcher's broom supplements contain vitamins B and C, along with calcium, chromium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, selenium, silicon and zinc.
These nutrients will help tighten, strengthen, and decrease inflammation in the veins as well as improve blood flow to the legs.
Note: People with high blood pressure or benign prostatic hyperplasia should not take this herb without consulting a doctor.
Witch hazel is a very effective herb in strengthening blood vessels and therefore can reduce symptoms of varicose veins. Besides being an astringent, it also contains gallic acid and several essential oils that can help reduce swelling as well as pain.
Soak a washcloth in the witch hazel and place it on the affected area. To do, two or three times a day for one or two months.
You can also fill a tub with lukewarm water and add 10 to 20 drops of distilled witch hazel water. Soak your feet in the solution for at least 15 minutes. Then wash your feet with clean water and pat them dry.
Follow this remedy once a day for one or two months.
Horse chestnut seeds have been used for centuries to treat varicose veins. They have anti-inflammatory and anti-swelling properties which can successfully increase venous tone which in turn will reduce the appearance of varicose veins.
Horse chestnut seeds contain a compound called aescin which improves the elastic strength of the veins and prevents the release of enzymes.
Horse chestnut extract has been found to be an effective short-term treatment for the symptoms of varicose veins in clinical studies.
You can buy horse chestnut seed gel available in the market. Use the gel on the affected area twice a day. When used regularly, it can significantly reduce pain and swelling in the legs.
You can also take chestnut supplements. The most common dosage is 300 mg twice a day.
Parsley is rich in vitamin C, it is a powerful antioxidant that promotes collagen production and helps cell repair and reproduction. It also contains rutin, which plays a key role in strengthening capillaries and therefore is very helpful in reducing symptoms of varicose veins.
- Boil a handful of chopped fresh parsley in a cup of water for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let the solution cool to lukewarm. Then filter the solution.
- Add a drop of each essential oils of rose and calendula.
- Put the solution in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Using a cotton ball, apply the solution to the affected area.
Perform daily for several months to see positive results.
Also, try to eat raw parsley as often as you can.
Grapevine leaves contain a good amount of flavonoids, which help to maintain healthy veins. The leaves also have astringent, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and homeostatic properties which are very useful for the treatment of varicose veins.
- Boil one cup of grape leaves in four cups of water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let it steep for a few minutes until it is lukewarm.
- Pour into a bucket and soak your feet in the solution for five minutes.
- Then put your feet in another bucket filled with cold water for 10 seconds.
To do three or four times in a row, finishing with very cold water.
- Then massage your legs upward with castor oil.
- Finish by putting your legs in an elevated position for a few minutes.
The beautiful marigold flower is a rich source of flavonoids and vitamin C that stimulate collagen production and aid in cell repair and reproduction. It also helps in improving circulation thus helping to alleviate various symptoms of varicose veins.
- Boil one cup of marigold flowers in four cups of water for five minutes.
- Soak a cotton cloth in the solution and place the cloth on the affected area.
- Leave it until it cools completely.
Repeat several times a day for a few months until you notice improvement. You can also eat fresh marigold petals.
This will allow you to reduce the swelling and discomfort of varicose veins as well as minimize their appearance.
With these home treatments, you can reduce the swelling and discomfort of varicose veins as well as minimize their appearance. Also, you need to go hiking, biking, or swimming regularly to improve blood circulation in the legs.